You are here:
Home > Departments > Public Housing > Landlords/Owners
Parma Public Housing Agency Owners/Landlords
Why Participate In The Section 8 Program?
The program offers benefits to an owner in several areas:
- The rent loss caused due to the owner associated with unit turnover is reduced because demand for Section 8 assistance is high;
- The owner is assured of rent collection since, in many cases, the PPHA is responsible for paying a substantial portion of the rent;
- Rent whether resident has income or not. Normally the HA will increase its portion of the contract rent if the family experiences a loss of income;
Landlord/Owner Participation in the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program can be revoked if:
- The owner has been disbarred, suspended or subject to a limited denial of participation;
- The federal government has instituted an administrative or judicial action against the owner for violation of the Fair Housing Act or other federal equal opportunity requirements;
- A court or administrative agency has determined that the owner violated the conditions listed above;
- The owner has committed fraud, bribery or any other corrupt or criminal act;
- The owner has engaged in drug related or violent criminal behavior;
- The owner has a history of HQS (inspection) non-compliance;
- In addition, PPHA will not approve a unit if the owner is the parent, child, grandparent, grandchild, sister or brother of any member of the family.
Are You A Property Owner/Landlord Interested In Participating In The Housing Choices Voucher Program?
PPHA ARRA Public Hearing Notice
HCV Administrative Plan
Directions to PPHA
Local Social Service Organizations
Affordable Housing Website
U.S. Census Bureau
Cuyahoga County Services