|Choosing the best location for your business is one of your most important decisions.
Choosing a city that will treat you like a partner can mean the difference between a successful endeavor and a mistake.
Before you make your decision, consider Parma.
Parma, Ohio is the seventh largest city in Ohio, with 20 square miles and over 81,000 residents. The city evolved from an agricultural center to a mix of inner ring suburban housing and strong automotive manufacturing commercial areas and an available skilled workforce. Parma is currently home to over 5000 businesses.
Parma offers many benefits to our business partners:
- Central location just 11 miles south of downtown Cleveland offers exceptional access to the major highways in northeast Ohio, an active rail system, and Cleveland Hopkins International Airport is 3 miles away.
- Major utility services of all types are conveniently available in the city, including fiber optic internet service.
- Excellent safety and security with continuous patrol of industrial and commercial streets, as well as residential streets. Parma has been continuously ranked as one of the safest cities of its size in the country. Parma also has five full-time fire stations with full emergency medical services.
- Pro-business government – The Mayor and City Council believe in Parma’s motto “Progress through Partnerships”. There are three Community Reinvestment Areas, one Enterprise Zone and various business incentives offered through this department.
- City amenities include a city-owned golf course, a 100 acre Cleveland Metroparks Reservation, a hospital, viable retail, a working farm, and a strong recreational program.
Current Population: 81,600
Cuyahoga County Population: 1,265,111
Highways: I-480, I-77, I-71
Major Freight Lines: All major carriers
Port: Cleveland Port Authority offers 6 deep water ports (Cleveland port routes save 2-4 days on a vessel from Europe to Cleveland verses East Coast ports combined with rail or truck shipping)
Airports: Cleveland Hopkins Airport (CLE) – United Airlines hub, offers 250 daily departures to some 70 destinations
Labor Force in Cuyahoga County:
Number of workers: 639,000
Parma City School District: Awarded “Excellent” rating by State of Ohio
Cuyahoga Community College – Western Campus
Bryant & Stratton College
Electric: The Illuminating Company
Natural Gas: Columbia Gas
Water: Cleveland Water Department
Sewer: Cuyahoga County and Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District
Parma is home to over 50 churches
Parma Area Chamber of Commerce